The Cairns Badminton Club plays at
Cairns Youth and Recreation Centre
129 Mulgrave Road Cairns QLD (view map)
Tuesday from 7.30pm - 10.30pm
Friday from 7.30pm - 10.30pm
Sunday from 10.00am to 12.00 Noon.
Bank: Bendigo Bank. Account Name: Cairns Badminton
Branch: 633 000. Account: 143 218 576
Hit the like button to get updates from the Club.
(not currently running due to Centre Refurbishment)
The Cairns Badminton Club (Smithfield) plays at
Marlin Coast Swimming and Fitness Centre
27 Leisure Park Road, Smithfield
Booking via text message : Maggie @ 0469931390
Wed 6:00- 7:30pm
Price is $10 for adult members, $5 for children and $15 for guests at Smithfield YMCA.
(children free if they are shorter than the top of the net) (Plus $2 as per point 8 below)
Northern Beach Badminton at Marlin Coast Swimming and Fitness Centre
BOOKINGS are required! You are required to read and agree to this COVID19 Safe Policy when booking your spot.
1. Bring your own rackets and pen (to sign in).
2. No bubblers available.
3. No change rooms available and limited access to the toilet.
4. No physical contact, including high fives or hand shaking. Maintain physical distance in the Stadium at ALL TIME.
5. Cancel your booking if you are unwell or you are unable to come.
6. Bring your own sanitizer, sanitise your hands before and after each game.
7. Maximum of 20 people in the stadium including spectator, therefore BOOKINGS ARE REQUIRED.
8. All the shuttlecocks will be disposed after each night, therefore there will be an increase of fees (extra $2).
9. Sanitiser must be used to clean down all equipment after each night.
10. Each player are required to sign in with their name, address and phone number, this info will be shared with the Stadium.
11. You may be asked to leave if you are unwell or not booked or not adhere to the safe policy.
12. Payment is to be arranged by bank transfer only.
Badminton is an extremely popular sport that is both energetic and lively as well as extremely accommodating for players of all abilities.
The Cairns Badminton Club Inc. has been providing the opportunity for residents of Cairns and the surrounding areas to play Badminton socially and competitively since the 1990’s.
The Cairns Badminton Club Inc. is a not-for-profit sporting association.
This means that all of our time, effort and revenue go towards promoting the club for the benefit of the players themselves.
Badminton has been an Olympic sport since 1992, and lately it has experienced a resurgence in popularity.
Some credit this resurgence to the fun nature of the game itself, others credit the fact that playing Badminton is great for fitness and helps to promote speed, agility, power and finesse, while others believe the inclusive nature and multicultural environment that is created is paramount to it’s popularity.
Whatever the case, there is no denying that Badminton is a great sport for keeping fit, meeting friends from diverse backgrounds and having fun at the same time.
We encourage players from any background and any skill level, even if you have never even picked up a racquet before to come along to one of our social sessions.